Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Masonic Society : An Odessey

This morning I took delivery of the most recent issue of the Journal of the masonic Society, and also renewed my membership for a second year. I believe this is a subscription fee well spent and would recommend any to join.
The cover features a Dutch engravingshowing Jerusalem and Solomons temple by an artist called Christian Van Adrichomd who lived from 1533 until1585.
Amounst the many great articles is one which grasped my imagination written by Kenneth W Davis of Indianapolis, Indiana, entitled........
'Brother Bloom, The Most Influential Mason Who Never Lived'.
A wonderfully written examination of the masonic links of the protaganist, Leopauld Bloom, from James Joyces masterpiece 'Ulysses' it has encouraged me to reach onto my bookshelf and dust off my copy to read it once again, if you are not already a member of the Masonic Society you should join now by heading here.
Why not take a few moments to listen to a few words from his materpiece from the man himself......

No comments:

Post a Comment