Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Christmas is coming


I know it's still a bit early for a header like that but it was brought to mind during a conversation with a friend during the week.

He was visiting a large town near his home and he had occasion to go into a well known department store (remember this was mid September) and he was greeted by a huge display of Christmas Trees and decorations, and to further cement the feeling through my mail box this morning came the christmas brochure of a chain of toy shops here in Ireland which my two boys and little girl grabbed with delight to start their Santa list.

Why you ask do I mention this well with the holiday season in mind I wanted to share with you a possible gift for the mason in your life.


In the upcoming issue of the MAE newsletter (published 16th October) I am delighted to say we will be featuring an article written by a Brother from Indiana called Carson Smith ( a name I am sure is familiar to many) he has shared with us a wonderful story about his good friend and a man who is equaliy well known in masonic and artistic circles Brother Stephen McKim.

I don't believe there are many members of the Craft who have not at one time or another come across the fantastic work of B:. Stephen. I am delighted to share Stephen has just made availble to buy through the lulu site his 2010 calender which he has called 'A Masonic Journey' you can have a look see at the artwork before buying but at the price he is asking (and believe me when I say it will go NO WHERE near to cover the amount of hours he would have put in) I think it is an ideal gift for a friend who appreciated good art when they see it mason or not.

Don't believe me just CLICK HERE to go and have a look yourself



No comments:

Post a Comment